just because I can.
10. Peeing on a stick could never be more fun when you actually want to be pregnant! It was a big disappointment to have one line on the stick the first two months, but that third month was great! Two lines! And digital message saying "pregnant"! What? That's two different pregnancy test brands? Oh, that's because I took 5 tests because I was so excited and could hardly believe that all I had to do was pee and get an answer.
9. I get strangers telling me I'm cute all the time. Is it a crime to enjoy feeling cute? I say nay. I tell Carl I feel like a beached whale almost every night as he helps me climb in bed by giving me boost up or when he puts my socks and tennis shoes on for me. He thinks I'm cute too. I'm pretty lucky to have a husband who takes such good care of me!
5. No crazy cravings of any kind. I don't crave ice cream and I don't crave grass. I love to indulge in delicious treats, but that goes back to the "because I can" theory. I figure that if there's a time to indulge in tastiness, it's now! If I haven't ballooned thus far, then I'm safe to have dessert :) Besides, Katie and I are good and exercise almost every morning!
4. Buying baby stuff. Carl will testify that I am quite the budget Nazi when it comes to spending every month. However, that does not mean that I don't enjoy spending! I love shopping in every form and love brand new things! For our baby, I wanted to be sure to have 3 things that were brand, spankin' new with warranties: a carseat, stroller, and crib (or pack n' play):
Graco makes these wonderful pack n' plays with bassinets and changing tables! Take off the those two things, and voila! a crib :)
and of course I took this opportunity to splurge on a diaper bag that I adore and have been using quite frequently as a purse:
3. CVS pharmacy. Ok so not exactly pregnancy-related, but I'm slightly obsessed with the place right now, and more obsessed with the coupons I got in the mail (and dug out of the apartment complex recycling bin) for the grand opening of one of their stores. I have been going coupon crazy searching for diaper coupons all over the Internet! It's a bit embarrassing that I have a special coupon e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org - send me a good deal! haha) I use for signing up for loads of websites to get free samples and more, well, coupons. So far, thanks to these nifty $10 off $20 coupons at this special CVS store and several manufacturer coupons, I've managed to buy almost 240 diapers for $27. Sadly, that will only last about a month. I can't believe babies poop so much. Oh yes, I'm expecting to go through at least 8-10 diapers a day. It makes me sick to think that I'll probably spend about $500 or $600 in diapers in a year's time.. and that's if I keep up with this deal hunt. I have seriously considered cloth diapering after the babe is about 3 months old. We'll see. I'm still grateful for the good deals CVS has given me!
2. I'm SEW crazy!!! I have loved sewing more than ever since graduating! It's just been so fun to make baby hats, mitts, a night gown, and a bunch of other stuff I can keep on blabbing about. Once I get a snapshot of these things, I'll be sure to post them.
1. Last, this babe is truly a miracle baby! Why? When I was about 8 weeks along, I had some bleeding going on that was extremely frightening. After going to the OB right away, we were told to prepare ourselves because there was at least a 50% chance of miscarriage due to an odd lump that could possibly be a fibroid in my uterus and impede the baby's chance of surviving. Though, in that first ultrasound, we saw and heard the little baby's heart beating away. So we prepared ourselves with much prayer every night and from our family members and held onto that hope that the babe's heart would keep on beating. And it did :) Every single ultrasound was more promising than the first until one appointment after a million it seems like, the doc said not to worry about the odd lump because the baby seemed to be doing just fine. I'm so grateful for all of the thoughts and prayers our family members supported us with! I like to think that the lump is just a nice pillow for our baby now. haha!
If every pregnancy could have these perks (minus the scary beginning), I'm good for the next few pregnancies! And although this is fun, I can hardly wait for the next 7 weeks to pass by!