Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This one is a keeper :)

I love him :)





We found him in the middle of a country road trying to soak up the rays, but had to rescue him from other cars. So we placed him in a grassy patch nearby.




Don't worry, I love Carl too :)



We had a fantastic journey going to some LDS Church history sites near us. First we went to Independence, MO on Friday, and then on Sunday, we took a lovely drive up north a little bit further to Far West, MO and Liberty, MO. Here are some pictures:

Disclaimer: this is not an LDS temple- it is the Community of Christ's (formerly RLDS- Reorganized LDS) temple in Independence, MO. It was interesting to learn so much about all the little churches that broke off in the beginning after Joseph Smith was martyred!


Far West, a tiny town that thrived when the early Saints were forced to move there after being persecuted and also where a few sections of the Doctrine and Covenants (revelations we believe to be scriptures as well) were revealed to Joseph Smith. This includes where our church gets its name (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

the camera added a few pounds to my face...




A reconstruction of where Joseph Smith was a prisoner for the bitter winter of MO due to accusations that were never proved. Also where he received revelation for a few more sections of D&C.


They used some of the original limestone from the jail! Thanks to some historian who took pictures of the place in the late 1800's and also felt prompted to write the exact dimensions of the jail, this is an exact replica of Liberty Jail. Crazy, eh?


Carl and I thoroughly enjoyed our time touring these sites. I really wish we could drive 5 more hours one day to go check out Nauvoo and Carthage Jail in IL and even a couple more hours to Kirtland, OH, but that will have to wait for another trip. There is so much history of the Church there and it really adds to my testimony of this Church- I am so grateful for the pain and suffering all the pioneer Saints went through so that I could have this Gospel in my life! It really has made an incredible difference in my life and definitely in Carl's too, especially since he had the opportunity to teach many individuals and families in Spain for 2 whole years. Without this church, I would never have met my sweet eternal companion and would have had some other life that I cannot even imagine. I am truly amazed at how blessed we are everyday!





Love you all and hope you have a fantastic day! I take my nursing license exam tomorrow morning and I'll be good to have this baby in 1 to 3 weeks!






If you are interested in more about my church, Mormon.org answers a lot of questions!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy! You have a blog. I don't know if I knew that akready or not. You're pics are cute. You are an adorable little pregnant lady. Looks like you're having fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks Kim! Summer has been fun so far in KS of all places! It's so nice out here! Are you in TX this summer or in Rexburg? Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so pregnant! =) The pictures of Carl and the turtle are so cute! It looks like you had so much fun touring the historical sites--it's a little Daddy in both of us. Love your blog entries, keep 'em coming! Btw, Mommy's addicted too, she always sends me an e-mail or calls me saying, "Hey, did you see Mei Mei's blog??!" Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, I feel every bit as pregnant as I look!!! Haha I talked to mama today and she was asking me about the turtle :) I'm glad that I can keep this updated for a reason! This is the whole reason why I decided to resurrect the blog once again- to keep family informed! Well, love ya shnooks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great! I'm excited for you. You will love being a mama. sounds like you guys are having a blast. When I showed Jonny this post he got excited and told me about 5 times, 'we're going there one day'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Yeah, it has been a lot of fun out here :) I love being so close to all this church history!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking so cute and pregnant! I love the picture of Carl saving the turtle, just like him to do that!

    ReplyDelete