Friday, September 23, 2011

NOW

i can't show you my whole face since i have a zit on my nose and look like a bum. notice my hair has grown though!

Between moving, unpacking, and taking care of Ezra, I have been feeling so frazzled lately. I hardly do my hair ever (and Midwest humidity has not been kind), I put on makeup for church, I get overwhelmed by the mess of unpacking, and I'm just so easily frustrated! So starting today (and I tried to start tomorrow, but decided change is needed now, not later), I will:

  1. Put make-up on and do my hair so I don't look like I'm wearing a wig
  2. Dress for success and not for lounging (which doesn't mean I have to be uncomfortable
  3. Eat three meals- and no, a diet of cheese and coco puffs do not count (you wouldn't believe how few calories I consume)
  4. Continue unpacking, but only a little at a time so I don't get whelmed
  5. Read the scriptures (what a difference this makes on my daily outlook)
  6. Make a list of crafts and do it! Crafting is such an outlet.
  7. Decorate our home slowly
  8. Be happy. I have a great life and a great family. Yet- it's easy to forget.
I may not accomplish everything on this list every single day, but I will try! We just bought a second car, so I don't have cabin fever nearly as bad now that I have the freedom to venture out of our apartment if I feel like it. We also did proper grocery shopping today! So our cupboards and fridge are full of good food. Being students, we qualified for FoodShare (food stamps) which I was initially a little embarrassed to admit, but now I don't really care because a) we are tax-paying citizens going to school and contributing to our society, b) it is such a blessing to have our groceries paid for, and c) why in the world do I need to be embarrassed to not rack up even more student loans? Carl, Ezra, and I are also on the government health insurance (if you are a student, chances are your state offers health care for the whole family if income is limited or zero- check it out!), receive WIC, and have applied to subsidized housing, where rent will be $0/month (hopefully we get in this spring!). I know some people look down on government assistance, and perhaps I once did a long while ago, but if it's properly used (and I know it isn't always), it is such a burden reliever. I filled my kitchen up with good, healthy food today. Our fridge has never been this full- it's great!

Getting off my soapbox and moving on- Ezra is cute as ever and loves, loves, loves to run around and get into things he's not supposed to (thank goodness for child safety locks that are even hard for me to open).
  • He is obsessed with the tv show Backyardigans ("we're yoooouuuur backyard friends, the Backyaaaardigans!").
  • He sleeps for about 10-11 hours per night, which is fantastic- he does cry sometimes, but falls back to sleep, so that's nice.
  • He is a short little guy still (and probably always) but everyone always seems to think he is big. I'm not sure why, he just looks sturdy I suppose.
  • He is so determined and loves to climb anything he can get a leg up on. That little leg stretches far!
  • What a smarty. I can't get over his brilliance and cuteness :)
just for memory's sake

newborn ezra. so dang cute, right?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're doing well. Everyone who saw Kaitlin thought she was a giant baby until they realized that Benny and I aren't that big, she just looked big because we were holding her. : )

    ReplyDelete