Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey.

Alright, it's true, I have been putting off blogging. My only excuse is I'm very lazy after work every day. Sorry.

First item of business, the weather.

It has been amazing. The snow is completely gone. And it's the middle of March! We have seriously had sunny, 60 degree weather for a week. I'm sure there will be a dreary day soon to ruin this beautiful glimmer of spring, but I don't care. I worked Monday through Friday. Every day I parked my car on the roof of the garage and had my lunch there. Absolutely fantastic. Carl has been going on a bike ride almost everyday too! We have a bike trailer, so he's been able to get around town with Ezra too. He's like an ox. Seriously. He'll go downhill to the grocery store and then tote Ezra, 3 gallons of milk and 8 bags of produce and other grocery items back up the hill! I always thought marrying a man with big muscles was a smart idea :)

Second, my 36 week appointment.

WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ ABOUT MY CERVIX, STOP NOW AND PROCEED TO THE THIRD ITEM OF BUSINESS.

***

Ok, so on last Sunday night and through the early morning of Monday, I had consistent contractions that were 5-7 minutes apart lasting about 1 minute each. They weren't very strong and never did intesify, but I called my OB anyway because with Ezra, the first time I felt contractions was when I went into labor. I just ended up staying home and waiting to see if they every got stronger per her direction. I slept a few hours total that night, but while I wasn't sleeping, I finally packed my hospital bag, took a bath or two, bounced on my yoga ball, had carl paint my toes (can't have plain ugly toes for everyone to see :), and read a few encouraging birth stories.

I ended up just going to work that day anyway because my contractions weren't consistent anymore by morning. The rest of the week was full of braxton hicks and uncomfortable pressure with the widening of my hips. At my OB appoint, we talked about all the contractions and pressure, so my doctor offered to check to see if I was dilated at all even though normally OBs don't check until 37 or 38 weeks (dilation and effacement aren't good predictions of the onset of active labor since you could be 0 cm one day and completely dilated and ready to push the next day or be at 4 cm for 3 weeks, etc...). I was curious if the contractions were productive at all, so I agreed- I was surprised to find out I was already 3 cm! Yes. Almost a third of the way done!

***

and Third item, St. Patricks Day.

What a wonderful day! I can't remember a St. Patrick's Day that did not include eating corned beef, red potatoes, carrots, and cabbage- kind of a funny holiday my mom chose to stick to since you know, she's Chinese, but I'm so glad she made a traditional St. Patty's dinner every year as far as I can remember. I continued on the tradition and even made traditional Irish soda bread (whoopdeedoo really. it was tasty, but seemed like a giant glorified biscuit in my opinion).

Forgot the carrots. Oops. And the cabbage looks like a glob of slime. It was all tasty at least :)

It was so nice out yesterday, that we drove to the local outdoor mall and strolled around the sidewalks, had frozen yogurt, checked out the apple store to see the iPad 3, which didn't seem that much more amazing than the iPad 2 (no offense, Drew, we still think you are great), and then headed home. Such a relaxing day.



As usual, if you haven't made a prediction yet and want to participate in the contest, leave me a comment or let me know on facebook. Game closes tomorrow, 37 weeks! Details here: http://teamleder.blogspot.com/2012/02/prediction.html

No comments:

Post a Comment