Monday, December 24, 2012

Good Tidings!

For those who's emails I don't have, here is our Christmas Newsletter and Card!


************

December 24, 2012

Dear Family and Friends!

Another Christmas, another year- yes, it’s that time of year that your random relative, favorite child, old roommate, or new acquaintance mails you a picture and newsletter! Well, e-mail in our instance.

We are doing well all the way out here in Wisconsin! SO many changes have occurred since we’ve moved out here – as easy as it is for me to write a book about our life in just the past 14 months we’ve been here, I’ll save you the saga, and share a little about each of us.

We moved out here initially because Carl was accepted to a cardiovascular perfusion program last year. We were both so excited to come out and start again on a new career path! However, as Carl continued in the program, he realized that due to his personable nature, spending the rest of his career inside an operating room just did not seem right. And I whole-heartedly agreed. So, though an extremely difficult decision, we decided to pull out of the program. Now, he has been fulfilling pre-requisites for physician assistant (PA) programs! What?! More school? Like I said, Carl is such a personable guy. And smart! We said, “why not?” I would just like to take a moment and brag- PA school is incredibly difficult to get in, let alone get an interview. Among 1,600 applicants, 300 receive interview offers and each school varies in the seats they have per program. That is why I am SO proud he has TWO interviews already lined up after the New Year! Way to go, Carl! We are praying school starts this year, but whatever it takes to get in is our current motto.  Whew! Now that that’s out of the way, Carl turned the ripe old age of 30 and has been ever so helpful at watching the kidlets while I rest after work. His favorite things are a good nights rest (every parent’s dream), opportunities to ride his bike or jog, a new pair of shoes, wrestling with Ezra, and watching a great action flick on his new 50” TV. Least favorite things: stinky rancid milk spit up from Vivienne on a fresh shirt that’s just been changed into and my blood curdling scream when I see a spider.

I, Tracey, have been doing quite well myself! I have been working in an emergency department as an RN for the past 10 months (minus six weeks of maternity leave) and I love it! I work nights and I must say, the patients who come in during the wee hours of the night continue to keep me entertained. I am so grateful to finally have nursing job I love and don’t want to pull my hair out while there! Besides work, I still enjoy sewing and cooking a good meal, though between kids and work, I find sleep consumes most of my time in-between.  My favorite things include hearing my babies laugh, chatting with Carl before bed, and a good chocolate dessert. My least favorite things include my detest for this mullet hair I have due to trying to grow it out this upcoming year, trying to come up with dinner when I don’t meal plan, and having Ezra pull my hand and say “mess!” only to find that yes, there is cornstarch all over the living room and piano.

Ezra is now the ripe old age of TWO! 29 months to be exact. He is freakin’ hilarious! Finally, the chatting phase has arrived. He loves to ask questions, can count to 12, almost says his ABCs correctly (does “A B E E E F E” count?), and like his mother, enjoys singing, dancing to all music varieties, and anything involving music. Many who attended to Venegas wedding can testify of his awesome dance moves. Ezra has such a bright light in his eyes. Even strangers notice and stop to tell us! He is incredibly intelligent and a great problem solver. He is making great strides in potty training as well – I know how curious you all are about his current bowel and bladder patterns. A few of his current favorite things include covering himself with our couch pillows and hiding, finding pens and markers to draw anywhere, watching the Backyardigans, playing rough with Dad, and “helping Vivi” whenever possible. His least favorite things include naptime, being told “no” and coming inside after being outside.

Vivienne Chan Leder – what a doll baby! She is now NINE months! I can hardly believe her one year birthday is nearing! She makes the sweetest little baby sounds every day. She has been rolling around mostly to get to things, knows how to “army-crawl,” but prefers to scream and make us tote her around. We call her our little parrot for that very reason of constantly hanging on to one of our shoulders. Vivienne, or “Vivi” as we mostly call her, seems like she will be walking before she crawls as she loves to pull herself to standing anywhere she can clasp her little pincers onto. I say pincers because those ruthless little fingers will most definitely find their way to the most tender skin on your arm, your collarbone, and a few unspeakable places as well. She is following her brother’s footsteps in being a chunky little thang with the many fat bracelets up her arms and down her legs. I could nibble on her little round cheeks all day!  Favorites: being held all day, having mom-and-dad-time-ONLY, my phone, and playing with whatever Ezra has. Least favorites: being buckled in the car seat, not being held and walked around, and being forced to wear a diaper.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May you continually remember the reason for this season and achieve all your resolutions by next Christmas ;)

Love,
Carl, Tracey, Ezra, and Vivienne 


************

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family!!! Merry Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Your family is so cute I can't believe your kids are that old! Enjoy the midwest!

    ReplyDelete