Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Take a look

not-quite-ready lemons from my mother's garden, 9/2013

As much as I don't want to admit it, I am a little LOT addicted to my phone and really, the Internet in general. For awhile, I was checking out Facebook multiple times during the day, always disgusted that at least 1-2 hours of my day in 5-10 minute increments with the kids awake was spent reading the news, catching up on my friends, family, and strangers' lives. One day, I deleted all my social media apps and blocked access to those fun sites on my phone. I feel that my days have become more meaningful and every other day when the children go to bed or are napping, I hop onto the computer to see what's going on in the world. Much better.

While I have cut back on my social media drug, I still enjoy my time spent scouring the Internet and discovered these gems:

- ever use a #hashtag? #everydayoninstagram #itsreallydumb #istillusethemanyway #hahahaha
- I'm in love with all these handmade stamps
- Birthdays are pretty simple in our home: 1-2 presents, a party without extravagant decorations, etc. I love these 10 simple birthday traditions shared!
- Ready for Halloween? Hoping I never get photographed at a haunted house
- I don't really eat eggs, but 1000 eggs to do this??
- just wow. commemorating fallen soldiers and civilians at Normandy beach
- I need to try these homemade vegan protein bars!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! Looking forward to sharing my single mom travel experience to CA with two kids this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment