Monday, February 10, 2014

yarg.

yarg 
/yärGH/
exclamation
1. used to express frustration or exasperation
"yarg! I just accidentally used 2 cups of sugar instead of flour!"

or in my case, yarg! I just un-selected 40 pictures out of 172 that I was going to edit and set aside for my next blog post!

Yarg indeed. 

I'm not sure where the history of the word came from in my brain's word library, but it is up there with "wah" and "huzzah" if my vocab was running a popularity contest.

That aside, today has been a fairly good day. My good days mean I survived without feeling desperate for a rescue as my tyrannical children overrun me and make me walk the plank. No, seriously. I went to the gym and twerked did zumba, we had a playdate with good friends, the kids were fed and both napped (miracle!), and I had time to work on my little side project (hint: it has to do with dreams of Hawaii). The only thing missing was Carl of course- I haven't seen him since 6 am (it's almost 11 pm). PA school is rough stuff!

The children really are wonderful. Yet rotten. They have such beautiful and perfect little bodies and are so capable of destroying a days work in seconds. My love for them is more than I can imagine, but bedtime is never soon enough. Parenthood. It's a complex mix of emotions you feel within half second. I often joke that I am not cut out for motherhood, but that's a lie. Motherhood is not meant to be easy and like any human, I struggle with hard things some days (everyday). At the end of the day, whether I'm running away from hot enemy lines or struggling to stop snuggling my babies before bedtime, I never can bear the thought of a life without my children. 

I struck a jackpot when it came to family placement upstairs.

2 month old Ezra and 2 month old Vivienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment