|glorious, glorious persimmon|
Aside from my persimmon love, I regret to inform you all that this household is still stricken with illness. Well, the children have improved significantly and only have a slight lingering cough. Carl still has a bothersome cough, but seems to be improving day by day, and I, well, I have bronchitis. BOO. hisssssss. My symptoms were all beginning to improve last wednesday and then I started to have nagging cough, then I worked and had a coughing spell and injured some rib muscles, which led me to go to an urgent care on Saturday to get a chest xray and pain relief, resulting in fresh prescriptions of albuterol, cherrytussin, prednisone, and zithromax and I am (hopefully) on my road to recovery. Thankfully, Carl was home to help this weekend and I did get to rest quite a bit. I will add that my cough sounds like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. *gollum*gollum*
Due to sickness, I have not been on the Internet much, so links are weak. Here are a few that I did come across and enjoy:
- trapped in ikea! funny prank :)
- too sweet- a toddler and his puppy sharing naps. can't wait to have a dog again someday!!
- dinosaurs come to life! Parents: WIN!
- curious about vaccinations for your children? This is good list with reliable resources regarding myths that haunt the parenting world. Community Immunity!
- fascinating picture series on fading secluded cultures/tribes around the world!
and finally with Thanksgiving around the corner,
- how to set up the kids table via DesignMom. We have an ongoing joke (but truth) in my family that my sister and I have never graduated from the kids table. Even my children join me at the kids table now.
Hoping everyone is healthy this week!